Note: We are no longer accepting applications for this role.
I’m looking for a talented and enthusiastic content marketing manager to join the Joy of Business team for 2.5 days per week
We are a small virtual team, so you may be in Brighton where the founder Julia Chanteray is based, or anywhere in the world. You might be returning to work after having a break to have children, working part-time while you travel, or want a steady contract to balance the rest of your freelancing work.
We’re committed to flexible working with a strong ethos of learning and development. You can arrange the hours you work to be balanced with the rest of your life, including working reduced hours during term time if required.
This position will start in June 2019.
What does the job involve?
The Joy of Business uses a content marketing approach to bring in new clients and this is developing all the time. We use a mixture of blogging for small business owners, SEO and video to attract people, and then provide tons of value through email nurture and great content.
You’ll be working on:
- Content strategy for blogging
- Developing lead magnets and building the email list
- Email marketing flows
- Video marketing
- A product launch
- Automating the sales process using online tools
- Managing the Facebook ads campaign
- SEO, writing meta descriptions and researching key words
I’m looking for someone who is:
- A good writer who can adapt to the Joy of Business tone of voice
- A very high standard of literacy and tonnes of visual and written creativity
- A brilliant editor, who can take my copy for editing and improve it
- Knowledgeable about content marketing strategy
- Interested in small business
- Wants to be involved with a progressive company with clear ethics and values
- Comfortable and proficient with using online/cloud-based software and able to learn new skills quickly
- Extremely detail oriented, no typos allowed
- Comfortable with different forms of content and how they fit together, eg, blogs, videos, quizzes, surveys etc
- Able to manage your own workload, and prioritise tasks
- Able to work on your own and without supervision
- Committed to learning new skills, ideas and software
Typical job activities
This role is very varied, so on any particular day you might be:
- Proofing copy for blogs, books, and products
- Designing course handouts
- Uploading blog posts and finding images
- Designing e-books
- Improving the SEO on an old blog post
- Setting up an email automation series
- Monitoring FB ads
- Running a closed Slack group for course participants
Office hours are 10-6, Monday to Friday, UK time. The hours of work will be 18.5 hours per week, and these can be worked as flexibly as you wish. If you’re Brighton based, you may be working part of the time from Platform 9 in Hove, or you may be entirely virtual, checking in with me and the team by Zoom and email.
You have the option of applying for this as a salaried role, paid through a UK company, where you need to be eligible to work in the UK/EU, or you can apply for this role as a self-employed contractor, so you’ll need to be actually self-employed with other clients.
2.5 days per week or 18.5 hours per week, flexible working.
Salary range – 25 – 30k pa pro rata (ie, half full time)
How to apply
Please complete this form to let me know you’re interested. I like to have everything in the same place, with a lovely automated process, so please only use the form, don’t email or call me.